The FOD Speed Slitter from Jonard is one of the most efficient tools today for technicians to safely prepare flat fiber optic drop cables typically found in fiber-in-the-home networks. In just one motion, a twist of the cable allows the outer jacket to easily peel and separate from the buffer tube, leaving the fiber undamaged. The technician then snips off the loosened jacket and begins splicing.
This compact tool has no exposed blades and opens a range of flat FOD cables from multiple manufacturers. And the product's unique design also facilitates fast and safe mid-span access for technician.
- Comes completely assembled with two blades
- Simplifies the slitting of drop cable jackets at the end of the cable or mid-span
- Slits on both sides of the jacket allowing easy access to the fiber or strength member
- Designed for .250" flat drop cables
- Also for flat cables, where the width is .32" and the height is .17"